Friday, December 16, 2005

A bout of nostalgia coming over me

I feel a bout of nostalgia coming over me... wonderful college days, when I first started "falling in love" over and over again. It was at that time that I discovered that I have a knack for writing. So, I'll give in to this bout of nostalgia and post a few articles and poems from the good ol' college days.

I'd like to first start with off with a letter... you be the judge of what it's all about.... :)

Dear....

When I laid my eyes on you the first time, one thought played in my head over and over again... "She is the prettiest girl I've ever seen." Observing the classy way you carried yourself and your breath-taking-heart-melting smile, I felt drawn to you immediately.

I'm sure that many other guys felt the same way, for you already had quite a fan-following (read friends). Never in my wildest dreams could I ever have imagined being friends with you. There you were, the classy popular gal with lots of friends, while there I was, content in my small gang of friends (and a slightly larger gang of acquaintances).

I had a major crush on you, but kept it to myself, even as we gradually became acquainted. I remember times when you were the only thought in my mind for days on end. On those days, when I closed my eyes, I could see your face, that lovely face and that captivating smile. I wanted to stay in that state of bliss forever!

I consider it my good fortune that you gradually started opening up to me. I gradually started understanding you (the person, the real you). You are so much more than just a pretty face. God has endowed you with a loving and tender heart. And although your frankness and vocal personality was often interpreted by less fortunate souls as haughtiness, I always admired those aspects of your personality. But, most of all I admire your trustworthiness and your frankness.

Today you know my tears, my fears, my hopes, dreams and ambitions. I am amazed at the extent to which we have shared our lives and feelings with each other. I feel I can trust you with any aspect of my life. I know you'll gimme an honest answer when I need one. I know I can depend on you for help and counsel when I need it the most. I've never felt this close to anyone before.

So, what am I trying to say here? Just that the crush that I had on you, has grown into love. No, not the romantic kind. Not yet anyway ;)! I just wanna say that you are a very dear friend to me and there will always be a special affection in my heart for you. You have been my muse and are the reason for the confidence I have in many aspects of my life. I look forward to a long and beautiful friendship with one of my world's most beautiful people.... you... a friendship based on a rock-solid foundation of trust, frankness and affection.

Affectionately Yours
Anup R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home