Friday, October 27, 2006

Trying to get a life .... :)

(THIS IS JUST ME RANTING & RAVING ... FOR POSTERITY ... SO THAT I NEVER FORGET THIS STAGE OF MY LIFE)

Hey guys, first of all, i wanna apologize for not having come visiting for quite a while ... The thing is, I've never ever been so damn swamped in work ... its like my whole life revolves just around work ...

I trudge off to work at around 8.00 am (to beat the traffic) ... and am then at work beyond 8.00 pm daily ... and although the long hours does help me beat the most crazy of Bombay traffic, I'm starting to doubt if the trade-off is worth it ... :)

... Coz' I get home late, have dinner, and then just hit the sack .... and know what? ... I'm often dreaming about work too ... (no, not about the gals .. ;) ... my dreams/nightmares are about work that needs to be done, the upcoming work schedule, and how I cope with it ... I know I know ... how boring ... :)

As if that's not enough, I lug work home over the weekends ... there's just a lot that has to be done :( But, know what? ... In my attempt to "get a life", I've been trying to break the routine at least on Saturday ... the end result - I'm cramming a lot of activities on Saturday so that I can pretend that I have a life. That way, I get back to work on Sunday, convinced that "I HAVE A LIFE" ... hehe :)

A typical Saturday would've been, me sleeping in till 10.00 am, having a lazy breakfast and then starting work in the afternoon .... but now, I wake up early on Saturdays too. I have to get a life na? ... So, its up and atom at 8.00 am, a quick breakfast, watching a few cartoons (yup I still do watch 'em), and then its catching up on personal emails, visiting a few blogs, watching a movie (last week I saw 'Match Point'- amazing!!!), reading a book (Love Story and Tuesdays with Morrie have become my favs so far) ... of course, I multitask ... so i listen to music while reading the book. in fact, I'm listening to music while I'm typing this out ... :)And then in the evening, I get in a few hours of football/cricket/kite flying with the guys ... I'm pooped at the end o it all, grab dinner, another movie on TV and then hit the sack ... contented????

.... I don't think so .... Is this "getting a life"? ... it was overdone wasn't it? ... the whole point was to relax and chill and do some of the stuff that makes me happy ... and not cram everything I love doing into 24 hrs ... That's something so obvious, and yet, for the past 2 weeks, I was foolishly trying to ... :)

But not this week ... I am gonna read one book "Oliver's Story", maybe listen to some music later ... no multi-tasking ... and basically just laze around in front of the TV ... it may not be as exciting as the lives of so many out there ... but it is my life, and boring as it may be for a few, I like it this way ... :)

You guys have a gr8 weekend! ... I'll relax today and work tommorow ... but as blogging and blog hopping is one of the many activities I enjoy, one of these Saturdays, I'm gonnabe doing just that ... So, see you soon, buddies!!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger tulipspeaks said...

sweetheart, get some 'real' rest will ya? i certainly dont want my blogmate to go crazy over his work!
:P

hugsss


=ammu=

7:45 AM  
Blogger Priyankari said...

Hey, I do know how work pressure feels,me following the same routine too on weekdays, start off from home at 8:00am and reach back at 8:45-9:00pm(or later if I am damn unlucky), eat-sleep-dream of work-wake up-eat-go to work--in that order. And weekends, though I plan it your way of doing in a single day everything I miss the entire week, I always end up sleeping the day off. It helps. So try it out buddy and you can really get a taste if not of life at least of sleep:)...

Nice post, enjoyed reading:)

11:40 PM  
Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

Hey...I love "Love Story" too!!! Just love it...U have a nice weekend yourself!

5:37 PM  
Blogger SeePearrl said...

now you need some gud brk :)

6:20 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Looks like Anup's been missin me..:):)

Mwahhhhhhh I'm bakk...so now u can breathe..lol!

Keshi.

4:31 PM  
Blogger gP said...

HEllo/....!

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home