Saturday, February 24, 2007

A few random thoughts

On Family

Why couldn't I see it earlier? .... all the innumerable things my parents did for me day in and day out ... just so that I may have a comfortable life .... Why didn't I appreciate all this earlier?

Well, I am glad I see it today .... even though it took a job-change and moving to a new city for it .... I am not happy that I am away from them ... but I am happy that I appreciate and respect my parents so much more today ... and I am happy that this experience will make me a better and more responsible person ... and a better son ....

Why do parents do so much for their children? Even though they see so many instances of children betraying their confidence after they 'grow up (?)' ... why do they love their children so much? ... Love isn't practical ... but it is what makes it all worthwhile ... isn't it?

... and if parents can love their children so much .... how much more does God love us??? ....

----------

On Friends

.... after family, friends are what I consider one's greatest blessing ... Life is so much better when one has friends .. those confidantes ... the ones we can turn to at any point ... the ones who aren't merely cheerleaders .. they are the people who frankly tell us when we are in the wrong ... and suggest ways for us to improve .... they are the only well-wishers we have after family ...

Now that I am far away from some of the closest friends I've ever had, the worth of true friends is much much more for me today ... And while I am sure that by God's grace my circle of friends will keep increasing, this experience will only serve to make me a better friend ....

-----------

I recently observed ...

there are many people who are always looked at as 'cool' by others ... and of course these cool people go about in these exclusive 'cool' groups ... this happens not only in colleges .. it happens even in companies to a certain extent ... but irrespective of all that, one thing would be helpful for all the 'not so cool' people ..... these cool dudes are also just as confused and just as happy/unhappy as you are ... they are just better actors ... but if u observe carefully, you can notice chinks in their armour ...

... many do feel forced or out of place in the group, but they still hang together as they are afraid of new things (just like us regular folk) ... and if one of them is alone ... and none of us are around (noticeably) to be ignored ... its very likely that they'll let their guard down and be their true confused self ... :) ... more on this later ... if i remember my observations then ... for now i am just too tired to continue ... :)

--------------

OK, update on my life:

I am now in Hyderabad ... a place very much like good ol' Bombay in many ways ... and very much unlike in other ways ... :) I am gradually settling into life here ... Finding acomodation close to the office is quite tough and I have therefore moved into a guest house for now ...

I am so very glad that you guys have encouraged me so much ... I will try and get back to regular blogging and blog-hopping very soon ... am just trying to get into the groove at work first ... :)

Have a gr8 weekend ya all!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger tulipspeaks said...

:) hope to c ur blogging regularly. missing ya around.


=ammu=

7:55 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

totally agree with the family part of the post...as for frnds i wudn agree cuz ive nt had the best of experiences with them lately...lol cheers!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Melyong said...

hey! it's a good thing that you appreciate and realise how much more love is. Ok, call me a stereotype person but I never erally like 'cool' people. I always think that they are just pleasing people and they are fake. However, I still believe that they have a reason behind all this 'coolness'. God bless ya.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Melyong said...

hey! it's a good thing that you appreciate and realise how much more love is. Ok, call me a stereotype person but I never erally like 'cool' people. I always think that they are just pleasing people and they are fake. However, I still believe that they have a reason behind all this 'coolness'. God bless ya.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

In life u'll never know what u've been missing until it arrives and You'll never know what u've got until its missing...

4:15 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

hey Anup happy Hyderbading then :) And ALL THE BEST in the new place n work etc!


**and if parents can love their children so much .... how much more does God love us??? ....

I know. Sometimes Im annoyed that my mum loves me too much. Cos what if something happens to me...who wud she cope? It makes me really sad.


Keshi.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

... oh i didnt know u changed job... sorry sweetie ;( i've been away here for long 2 months and i've missed many things! hope u settled everything soon yaar... dun worry, God is with u!

miss our talks na, ;( will send u email ok? do take care and goodluck..

Godbless!!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Priyankari said...

Yea, its true that parents do so much for us and we realize them only after we are away fom that love and care. Though late but it's still better that you have realized it.

Congrats for ur new job!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Dalicia said...

hi anup! nice to hear what's going on with you :) haha i dunno man, with parents it's up and down. but i know in my heart that they're the only one i can rely on.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home