Thursday, February 08, 2007

Moving on ....

This is for those who were curious about what the major development in my life was ... :)

On 07 Feb, with a heavy heart, I bid farewell to some of the closest friends I've ever had. It was extremely difficult saying goodbye after one and a half years of working with the same close-knit team. As if that wasn't enough, the fact that I'll be moving to a different city on Sunday was sufficient to dull most of the excitement about the new job and the new opportunities, responsibilities and challenges that await me.

The past few weeks have been an emotionally trying period for me ... its been a mixed-bag, really ... Of course I am really happy and excited about my prospects and all that God has in store for me. I've no doubt that, by God's grace, its going to be an amazing and enriching experience for me. But, the realization that I'll soon leave behind family and friends and basically, everyone I've ever loved is still sinking in, taking some of the zing out of my happiness.

In fact, as I sat with close friends at one of our frequent hangouts, I could hardly speak and spent my time playing with the food and just studying their faces ... knowing that everything I was so used to ... all the time spent together, the jokes, the conspiracies, the bitching :) ... would soon change ... Today, thinking rationally, I know that we will always be friends irrespective of where life takes us ... and though we'll miss each other a lot initially, life will go on ... and gradually, the emptiness will (God, willing) be filled by other friends ... everything will work together for good ... my roster of dear friends is only set to increase ... :)

One activity I've been engaging in with alarming frequency :) these past few weeks is ... counting my blessings ... for the appreciation, goodwill and best wishes from my bosses and colleagues ... for the love of my friends and family ... for all the heartwarming emails, cards, notes and gifts that have been showered upon me ... I'm just overwhlemed by it all ...

And thats why, as this Poet shifts base, and continues the search for his rhyme in another city, I pray that you take a few minutes and count your blessings ... and then send some of your good wishes my way :)

Please do pray for me .. so that I am successful in this new venture I am embarking on ... that this new phase of my career and my life may be even more enriching and rewarding than I've hoped for ... that I do everyone proud ...

----
My next post will take some time as I settle down in the new city ... more details then ... till then ... Peace Out! :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Puneet said...

God grace gis blessing on every one..and im sure, you will also get ur own share..
All the best for teh new phase of ur life..
take care..
God bless you..

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It happens in life,
u feel pain and separation for a week may be for a month but when u are settled on some other job,place
u start to groom new friends things places

SHow must go on that all

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best :)

Sachin B

2:13 AM  
Blogger Lidia said...

I liked the line about the emptiness filling with other friends - so true. I moved away from all my friends last year and even though i loved it, i missed home like crazy. But i agree- life does move on and we have to move with it!
-Amy

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Staying away from ur loved ones in tough indeed.. Sigh... But a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do rite???

Take Care.. U'll do just great in watever venture u hv taken up.. Keep the faith...

:)))

..Me

3:59 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Hoping everything goes well for you. Take care.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

all the best in all ur endeavours! :)

10:43 PM  
Blogger Priyankari said...

Wish you good luck for your new job!

I too have passed the same situation just a few days back and ur post again took me back to the same old place. The last day's last moment was the toughest. But then life moves on...but I thank God for giving me such wonderful memories to cherish. Hope it'll be the same with you too.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home