Saturday, September 16, 2006

Random thought - the yappers

What's happening Update - N/A (am yet to get a life!) ... :)

DISCLAIMER: This may be a work of Fiction. Any resemblance to your life may be intentional but definitely isn't with any malice ... :)

I've always felt there are just two kinds of people in the world. Those who talk too much ... and those who aren't able to talk too much, as the first category (yappers) won't let them!

Seriously! ... I've come across many people who seem to be in love with the sound of their own voice ... and they'll ramble on and on ... and I feel like screaming -"Dude, if you love talking so much, at least say something interesting! ... or talk to someone who has similar interests!!! ... Don't persecute me just coz' I wandered into ur line of sight!"

Don't get me wrong here ... I love listening to people ... and given a choice between talking or listening, I'd rather listen ... But I'd rather give my time to friends and family and not to just about anyone ... But so many of these people just can't take a hint (or they choose to ignore the hints) ... So I may yawn, program my cell-phone to self-destruct, tear my hair (whatever is remaining) out in frustration, or just drop down unconscious ... they'll keep yapping away ... so long as I am physically present, anywhere near them ...

At one point I thought I'd just ask the yappers to shut up and leave me alone ... but then I realized that I was actually benefitting from interaction with these fellas ...
1. If Patience is a muscle, I'm now a world-champion body-builder!
2. The ones who were spared of the torture coz' of me, treat with me with respect/pity/compassion ... and I don't mind it one bit! ... hehe :)
3. If I ever want to avoid someone, I quickly approach the first yapper in sight ... and he/she immediately strike up a not-so rivetting conversation ... and no one dares approach me!
4. I find that I can actually do quite a bit of work while 'listening' ... they don't really care if you are really paying attention ... they just want you to nod your head once in a while, mumble something like "yes" or "hmmm" or "i understand completely" ... So I've programmed myself such that every few minutes I nod and say one of those key-words ... they are happy and I'm none the worse for it ...
5. On account of the constant practice of nodding and saying "yes" without knowing what's happening, I think I'm perfecting the art that's practiced by all great husbands world-wide ... ;) (no offence gals ... that's what most guys will end up doing anyways... always saying "Yes, Dear" )

---
Hv a gr8 weekend ya all! :)

19 Comments:

Blogger Tejas said...

So true buddy! Best way to deal with this is to flood them with a dose of their own medicine. No Gandhigiri here:)

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me first... :)

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Patience is a muscle, I'm now a world-champion body-builder!
hahaha

yeah blah blah blah guyz irritate like mosquitoes singin in your ear...
But then, if everyone starts listening who's gonna speak, and what are we gonna listen to? ;)


Cheers, have a great weekend...

10:24 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

**On account of the constant practice of nodding and saying "yes" without knowing what's happening, I think I'm perfecting the art that's practiced by all great husbands world-wide

ROFL Anup! U'd make a GREAT husband :):)

Keshi.

10:03 PM  
Blogger SeePearrl said...

Hmm..once agian..you have tried to bring out yourself hilariously..nice :)

7:50 AM  
Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

I am a yapper, I am a yapper!! :)
Now u RUN :)

6:39 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

lol...
I agree with the nodding your head and act as if one is listening. I used to do that with my roomie at times and she never figured it out. :D

11:35 PM  
Blogger tulipspeaks said...

hmm..yapper or not, im sure u would love to listen to me. hahahaha..

=ammu=

5:37 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

me says 'yes

Hmmmm

i completely understand '


;)

9:30 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

... ** no offence gals ... that's what most guys will end up doing anyways... always saying "Yes, Dear" **

haan... u got it right ^_^ hehe...thats what hubby's fave word lol!! so no fight at all...:P

enjoy weekend dear!
TC...

cheers**

6:55 AM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@Tejas
:) true ...

@Virus
hmm ... good point yaar!!!

@Keshi
*grins* ... if only more gals thought about me that way ... ;)

@White Forest
:) ... Thank you ...

@Scribblez
hehe ... am not afraid ... bring on the yapping, buddy!!! :)

@My Ramblings
hehe ... yappers are everywhere .. but we sure do love a few yappers, dont we? ... :)

@Amu
Oh Yes!!!! :)

@Wanderer
:) ... u've been on the receiving end of some yapping na? ... :)

@Kathy
*grins* ... so u r the one in charge at home, eh? .. :)

---

4:05 AM  
Blogger Asmita said...

poetic blog haa?

2:18 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

u cant have more girls thinking abt u that way cos only one girl will marry ya :)

Keshi.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

~grin~

Iv been thru the same grime numerous times.. My mind starts wandering when Im bored with a conversation, but I still keep nodding and smiling at the other person.. Have a record of not getting caught till date

~fingers-crossed~..

:)

..Me

11:32 PM  
Blogger tulipspeaks said...

still busy huh? ;)

=ammu=

8:33 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Btw.. I think you have given me something to ponder abt the next time somebady says "Yes Dear" to me..

:D

10:34 PM  
Blogger Diana Sahu said...

Hi dear...am a master in nodding my head....i come out of my boss's cabin n start wondering whats he asked me to do ....? old habits die hard......hugs

10:53 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@Gaurav
thanks man!

@Asmita
hmmm ... not really ... :)

@Keshi
hmmm ... thats true ... but it sure wld feel nice 2 be appreciated :)

@Rose
hmmm ... lets hope ur record stands ... :)

lolz ... and next time someone says "Yes Dear", make sure he's conscious ... hehe :)

@Amu
unfortunately, yes ... :(

@Diana
cool! .. u try it wid the boss!!! ... be careful .. :)

6:44 AM  
Blogger Prax said...

Ah! woman, yappers of third degree, can't stand when they stand, so I try sleepin' without closin' my eyes!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home