Sunday, July 16, 2006

Buffaloe Garden ...

After a long long time I joined the guys for a round of football ... it was completely crazy ... and real fun! ... especially the sliding tackles I've perfected over the years ... :)

After almost 2 hours of running, jostling, jersey pulling and abusing (perhaps even worse than the ones hurled at Zidane) ... we were too tired to continue, and called it a day.

As we walked home, we threw around stories from the good old days ... how personal scores would be settled during the game as well as after ... how we ensured that everyone got dirty by throwing the clean ones into muck n mire ... even giving them a face-pack if required ... hehe .... the time, we didn't have a football ... and so played with a tennis ball in pouring rain ... good times ....

On our way home, we passed the erstwhile 'buffaloe garden' ... the ground where so many rainy days were spent chasing a football ... unsuccessfully trying to avoid the gifts left by the buffaloes post-grazing ... ;) .... Now there are no buffaloes and there is no ground ... only an asphalt road snaking across the land that was so dear to us children ... good times ...

Reaching home, soaked in sweat ... jersey and shorts stained black with muck and what not ... Soon the neighbours hear Mom shouting - "You're filthy! You better wash those clothes yourself! Don't you dare put them in the washing machine .... are you a kid? Is this the age to roll about in muck? ........ "

Ahh ... good times .... :)

++++
Guys, its gonna be peak work season for me, starting tommorow for more than a month ... so I won't be able to blog as much as I'd like to :(

But, I'm always on email ... and wish I'd receive emails from my blogging buddies ... particularly the few who have never emailed me and stick their tongue out at me, if I try to know them better ... (Hint Hint :p)

lolz ... have a gr8 week ya all!!!

13 Comments:

Blogger curious said...

first of all congrats for getting thru ur CA exams...man it sure is tough to pass that in one go...was this ur final.. level?

6:42 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

**perhaps even worse than the ones hurled at Zidane

lolz may I ask wut they r? :):)

Anup looks so sweet playing footy like a lil boy...boys never grow up that way na and it's soo nice to read this post...got me feeling like I wanna play footy with ya too hehehe.

high time I email u na? awww...so here it comes, be prepared now ;-)

Keshi.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Playing football with a tennis ball in the muddy rain.. ??? Sounds like gr8 fun!!! :D

I actually laughed out loud at the last para (to the shock of my colleagues).. I dnt belv u actually wrote that..

:p :p :p

:D

..Me

10:56 PM  
Blogger Melyong said...

*stick my tongue at anup* ahhahaha...
I like the way you wrote this. it's really nice! good one!

4:27 AM  
Blogger SeePearrl said...

you seem to have had grt time playing football in rain euh? :D

8:25 AM  
Blogger tulipspeaks said...

sweet memories.. here to stay..


thanks for the messages in my bloggie.. truly appreciated.

muuaxx

=ammu=

10:49 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

mud pack??? ewwww...
Lol... but it sure sounds like loads of fun. :)

2:49 AM  
Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

Hiya...Nice thing to do buddy! Go all the way n play again...Your childhood football days sound so exciting....:)

6:24 AM  
Blogger Michelle J Brohier said...

Waa... You reminded me of the playground in front of my house. There were little huts for us to play in and we'd play all sorts of games in it from house to secret hideouts... Now they're gone and replaced with more sophisticated swings and slides for children.

Ah... I miss those days...

Lol! Don't worry about not blogging so much... Hope you take care, Anup! God bless!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

You ARE really busy..

:(((

..Me

4:29 AM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@Curious
thank u ... yes it was :)

@Keshi
anytime Keshi! ... err ... did u mean footy or footsy? ;)

@Rose
lolz ... believe it! ... getting u to laugh is a start! ... slowly I'll make my way into ur heart ... hehe ... :)

:p :P ... ;)

@Mel
thanks buddy! ... I'll drop by soon ... :)

@White Forest
Absolutely! :)

@Amu
:) hope u don't leave dis time ...

@My Ramblings
... it sure is! ... u must try it sometime ... hehe :)

@Scribblez
... good old times ... :)

@Cherry Tiger
me too ... i miss those days so much!

@Rose
... it was worth it ... if u actually missed me ... :)

9:34 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

... seems u had a good time dear, thats cool! ^_^

..goodluck to ur work!

TC.

cheers,
-kathy-

11:49 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

**footsy

lol why not ha.. ;-)

Keshi.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home