Friday, June 09, 2006

Thankful?

Its an understatement to say that I've had a rough week ... nope it didn't show to the ones around ... but this ranked pretty high on my list of bad weeks ... until .... (I'll get back to it)

Anyways, Sat morning, woke up with a slight ache in my neck and shoulders ... but I'd lugged work home (as usual ... I know I know ... GET A LIFE!) ... and so popped some painkillers and got to it ... Next thing I know, Sunday morning ... couldn't even get off the bed without physically supporting my neck with my hands ... really horrible pain n all! ... I still had a report due Monday ... so after some warm compresses and home remedies (which didn't really help too much) I somehow got a lil' bit done ... and it took its toll on me ... :(

So Monday, I woke up with really horrible pain ... and went off straight to my physiotherapist ... an hour of warm compresses and various exercises later, I went to work ... I told u I have loads of work to get done and very lil' time! And thus began the week ....

Tue and Wed, I sat thru work, with a neck brace ... looking like a lunatic ... as opposed to just behaving ever so often like one ;) ... And I so hated it when colleagues looked at me with sympathy ... don't look at me that way ... I'm not dying!

And on Thu .... a viral infection joins the party! ... As if I wasn't having a gr8 time already (with warm compresses and exercises) ... And though I immediately took some tablets to fight it off, by evening, I was burning up with fever ... I pushed off from work early, endured a seemingly never-ending commute home, rushed to the pharmacy ... on a quest for antibiotics ... Hardly slept coz' I woke up ever so often coughing or feeling feverish ... whatever ...

Friday ... another report is due ... but because of the wonderful time I'd had this week ... I had to call in sick ... and a whole day of antibiotics and a cocktail of home-remedies later, I'm feeling just a lil' bit better .... am a bit weak with loads of body-ache ... but God willing I'll be okay enough to weather the storm and come out with the report that's past due on Monday!

So, what does all this have to do with the title of the post?

I realized this recently ... one must be thankful ... always ... there are so many people who are worse off than I am right now ... many without a home ... many without a house ... many without any money ... many without anyone to call their own ... many without dreams/hopes/ambitions ... many without education ... many without intellect ... many without a job ... many who are resigned to a life that holds no meaning .... except an endless daily struggle to survive ...

Can u stand up? Be thankful 4 that ... many can't!

Can u bend ur neck back without any pain? Be thankful! ... presently I can't!

Do u have parents who love u and take care of ur every need? Who sit by ur side when u r sick and irritable and at ur worst behaviour? Do u have parents? ... be thankful! ... Many don't! ... and I am so very thankful for my parents who have endured me and my crazy antics ... and have always loved me and forgiven me ... and been there for me ... I am thankful ...

I am thankful for my faith ... for life ... for friends ... for love ...

I am thankful for this blog ... an outlet for the stuff that's hidden in my heart ... and for the wonderful people I've met thru this medium ...

I am thankful ....

... Are you?

----
Okay this one was written on a 'High' induced by a combination of antibiotics, cough syrup and a host of other medicines I'm taking ... so I went overboard, I guess ... But I'm too lazy to edit/weed out the junk ... so I'm just gonna hit the publish button and hit the sack ...

Take care ya all ... I'll visit ya as soon as I can ... Have a gr8 weekend! :)

15 Comments:

Blogger naween said...

why all those home-made remedies?? shouldn't there be a mention of a doctor somewhere in this post??

i miss home the most when i'm sick. makes me realise what i'm missing.

and yes, GET A LIFE [:D].

1:14 PM  
Blogger Scoot said...

oh boy!I totally know that neck pain you are talking about.I really dread it too.I wake up with it every two or three months and then the rest of the week gets totally screwed....oof!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I agree with you here....you must be thankful to everyone no matter how they treat you...

Im thankful to ma pet cat who was clawinf ma office lappy all night long...and also to that chick who left me all alone...once again..

Man....lot of people I need to thank about...it will take whole of this weekend...hmmmm...

8:01 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

OMG!!!! The Virus attacks the Monster!!! Hey.. who is giving whom a pain in the neck?? :D

U r very rite abt being thankful.. thankful for each moment of our lives.. for each thing arnd us that we tend to take for granted.. and above al the people who care so mch abt us.. :)

Take Care Monster.. Rose misses u.. Come on, u hv it in you to fight those grotesque viruses..

:D

..Me

10:58 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

u keeping well??

11:20 PM  
Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

Hey...Tht is true to be thankful but I also know a session of peopl ehwo feel tht , I am better off...so I am not the last one n they dont really get motivated to get BEST...Some people dont want to do very well in something, unless they r the last ones in tht list...
it definitely does not involve not wanting to get better but in other terms..Okie..confusing for u I am sure so I shall drop it

Hope u r great now! :)

8:16 AM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@whoami
lolz ... am trying yaar! :)

@Maya
... misery luvs company ... am sad that u have experienced it ... am glad someone understands ... :)

@Arz000n
who's that gal? ... one more time! ... lose control? (sorry man ... couldn't resist! :)

@Rose
so da beauty is concerned about da monster? ... *grins* ... I'm much better now, Rose ... thank u soooo much ... :)

@Scribblez
Actually I understand it completely yaar ... it was at da back of my mind ... but didn't know how to include it ... We must be thankful that we are better of than so many ... but we must not look down always .... we must set our sights high - to the ones who are doing better and strive to do better ... but it is extremely important to have an 'attitude of gratitude!'

9:26 AM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

I know the feeling yaar! ... hang in there buddy ... not all chicks are crazy ... u'll find da right one soon ... :)

10:12 AM  
Blogger SeePearrl said...

take care of your self very well :)

1:21 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

awww Anup I hope ur feeling better now?? That must have been so hard to go to work with all those pains and fever etc...

ur right..no matter what, we r much better off compared to millions of ppl out there. Alot of us forget that and whinge and complain abt what they dun have etc. Just this morning I got a similar email abt the luxuries we have in comparison to dying kids in Africa...

So yeah, I just counted one more blessing in my life..it's called 'Anup'. :)

Keshi.

10:58 PM  
Blogger the_ego_has_landed said...

hehhehe....hope u better anup!!
take care :):)

*hug*

3:35 AM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@White Forest
thanks buddy! :)

@Keshi
Ah ... thats so nice 2 know yaar ... but then there are those who think I'm a monster too .. ;)

@TEHL
ya ya I'm better now ... thanks buddy!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

monster? but why?

Keshi.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

...awww u ok now Anup? u need a rest yaar.
... get well soon na ^_^

..oops thanx last time *wink*
t'was a nice talked!! catch u again hehe... *grin*

-kathy-

6:18 AM  
Blogger Dalicia said...

i hope you're feeling better. it happens you know...

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home