Thursday, April 13, 2006

Good Friday Spl - The poet's choice

Hiya All,

I'm really sorry for not answering your comments sooner ... but, I'm now on study leave (yes, the people at work agreed :)

... so although I do come online for a bit every night (when I'm completely tired of studying) ... I usually just check my mail (yes, ur comments do come to my inbox) ... and as much as I wanna answer right then and there, I had to wait ... :(

But, I do love getting those comments from ya all ... I miss ya all and can hardly wait to get back to active blogging ...

... till then, here's one for Good Friday ...

The Poet's Choice - AnupR
He wanders the wilderness
Searching for elusive peace n happiness
All them fancy toys do entertain
But what 'bout the emptiness?
What 'bout the pain?

Unable to sleep (as usual)
He kneels beside the bed
With hands stretched heavenward
He cries out in despair

"Is there anyone up there?
Do you even care?
I dunno what I'm doing anymore
I'm tired of this whole affair!"

He longs for an answer
But the silence remains
So he doesn't restrain the tears anymore
And slides into his chair

As he sits there, drink in hand
He thinks of the happy days long gone by
Carefree days in mother's arms
Listening to stories of the Promised Land
He struggles to remember the prayers
she prayed before the lights went out
... before she kissed him and said Good Night

Pondering these things ... ancient memories ... suddenly ...
He bows down ... gets on his knees
He realizes the significance of the tree
He was blind but now he sees

I am that person ... I am he
I've made my choice for eternity

---
this was partly autobiographical ... i needed to record this for posterity ... :)
(sorry if i bored ya ...)

Anyways, wishing the world and my dear buddies a Very Happy and Blessed Easter!!! (in advance) :)

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

happy studyin!! :)

3:11 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

..."happy easter" anup^_~ and have a blessed weekend ahead!
oops say hi for me to alvin *wink* :)

cheers,
-kathy-

9:46 AM  
Blogger Dalicia said...

anuuppppp anuuppppp
anuupppp anuppppppp anuppppp miss you my dearie

happy easter.....!! come over for coffee and cookies....

:D :D :D

10:54 PM  
Blogger Diana Sahu said...

Study hard now and happy easter dear

11:11 PM  
Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

Beautiful poem..agen!!!...I really really liked this 1!!...and waiting for u to come back to blogland!!!...Happy Studyin!!!

3:24 AM  
Blogger Scoot said...

beautiful as always...Happy easter buddy:)

2:35 PM  
Blogger Melyong said...

hey, Happy Easter. The poem was good! keep it up! God Bless you my friend.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Happy Easter Anup and that was such a beautiful verse!

How r ur studies going?

Keshi.

10:48 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@Michelle
thanks dear ... :)

@Kathy
:) Alvin says "Hi" :)

@Elaine
will do ... after the exams ... do send me the plane tickets ... okay??? LOLz :)

@Diana
:) thanks ...

@DEG
thanks buddy! :) I'm waiting to get back too ... Miss ya all!

@Maya
Thank u sooo much! :)

@BSoda
God Bless you too dear friend ... :)

@Keshi
Ahh Keshi my dear ... (grins) ... I miss ya sooo much ... :) I'm slogging away ... loads more to go ... Will talk 2 ya later ... bye 4 now ...

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home