Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Poem - But its fine

Poem - But it's fine
by AnupR

I'm in love with a girl who can't be mine
I feel a lil' bit sad
But it's fine

For I don't want to cross the line
Can't risk this friendship going bad
I'm in love with a girl who can't be mine

Daily, for her my heart does pine
It drives me mad
But it's fine

For when she's around, it feels divine
And my weary soul becomes glad
I'm in love with a girl who can't be mine

When she talks, shivers run down my spine
Something so good can be so damn bad!
But it's fine

I won't grumble and I won't whine
It's real and not just a passing fad
I'm in love with a girl who can't be mine

For love is the finest wine
And as its biggest drunkard,
I'm in love with a girl who can't be mine
But it's fine

----
Firstly, thanks a lot CA for the notes u sent on Villanelle ... this was my first shot at something structured ... and thanks for the encouragement, buddy! :)

Secondly, I'd just like to mention that this is something written now, drawing on something I've gone thru in the recent past ... but this is not what I'm in right now ...

I'm no longer 'in love' with anybody ... sad, eh? ... not really .... coz' instead of being obsessed with being in love with that special one ... presently, I'm just having fun ... enjoying the love that's in friendship/family/and other cherished relationships ...

BTW, this is probably gonna be my last post until my exams are over in mid-May. I've got to hit the books ... especially, since my office work has taken over most of my time so far ... and time's running out ...

But, I will drop by occassionally to catch up on what u guys are up to ... and so that u guys don't forget me .... (so selfish, eh?) ... lolz ... :)

And wish u all a very Happy HOLIday ... sorry that I couldn't visit ur blogs individually and wish u ... but, was with the books so far ... and I'm gonna go back to them books as soon as I hit the "Publish Post" button ... :)

Ciao buddies!

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger the_ego_has_landed said...

aw...nice poem..

Happy holi!!:)
all the best for ur exams:)

8:36 AM  
Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

MID-MAY?!!!!...thats sooooo looooong!!!!!!...newez,u gotto do wot u gotto do...so all the best for ur xams!!!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Melyong said...

woow that'll be long. But that's ok, ALL THE BEST! btw, i like the poem! Sometimes things are better off as it is. "if it is yours, it'll find it's way" God bless you.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I'm no longer 'in love' with anybody ... sad, eh? ... not really ....
Right now I just hate this LOVE word so much that.....grrrr...

forget it....

Just enjoy the life dude...
And take care...

Happy Holi to you!!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Michelle J Brohier said...

A very sad sweet poem. ^^ You're really good at those aren't you? Anyways, good luck on your exams! And have a great holiday as well!

Take care and God bless!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Scoot said...

love your poems.
love is the finest wine...i agree

5:49 AM  
Blogger : M : said...

thanks for the credit, A-, seems that my rather pompous remark the other day did some good after all.

as i have already remarked on the poem via email, shant say anything more here.

and if you're still interested, i've got notes on a variety of poetical forms- take ur pick.

cheerz.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Oh nice poem anup^_^
Goodluck to your exam..will check you here always,do post if u get free time yaar.
Godspeed.

-kathy-

8:12 AM  
Blogger tulipspeaks said...

does this poem got to do with the previous dialog post? hmm.. i wonder..

btwn, all the best for ur exams buddy.. i'll miss ya!

=am000nie=

9:37 PM  
Blogger Dalicia said...

you just got to enjoy your life :)
can't hold on something that is not yours. for me, i like to take yearly vacations. that's what i like..you find what you like. and you'll enjoy it! and you wouldn't think too much about other things.

good luck with your exams!! sending IRISH luck down your way. it's ST.PATRICK'S DAY. too bad, i'm not irish...coz i can't kiss you...hehehe

10:20 PM  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

awesome poem dude
so true n so touching

aapki poem padh kar ek sher yaad aagaya... arz karne ki gustakhi karta hoon ;-)
mohabbat karna to saza hoti hai....
wafa hi sub say bhadi khata hoti hai...
ke dil uss hi say pyaar karta hai.....
jiss say ke apni manzil judaa hoti hai..!!


all the very best for your exams
do well

Cheers

4:07 AM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@TEHL
thank u so much .. :)

@Elisa
Ya, books have been bumped up on the priority list ... above work and da blog too ... and though I thought I'd not post again till May ... I just couldn't resist ... :)

@DEG
ya buddy ... i thought it was too long too ... but, the frequency of the updates here definitely has to reduce in the meantime ... :)

@BS
Absolutely!!! :) thanks and God bless you too! :)

@Arz00n
Yaah! buddy, u r back online! ... :)

@CT
yes ... i do seem to be getting good at sad poems ... wonder when I'll be posting happy happy ones ... :)

@Maya
thanks so much! :)

@CA
:) ... thanks buddy ... I'll take a rain cheque on those notes, though ... will get on that after da exams ... :)

@LK
... well, I did have some free time at work today ... so I did just that ... :)

@Amu
hey buddy! ... right on the mark! :) ... this is Alvin's song for Mischa ... after that long talk with Eliza, Alvin goes home and spends a sleepless night ... then he feels that he really is in love ... with a girl who can't be his ... coz' Mischa's about to get married ... :) (watch out for the 2nd part of the story ... will be released in May!)

BTW, I'll miss u more than u'll miss me ... I know that ... :)

@Elaine
thanks a lot Elaine ... :)
... and u don't need an excuse to kiss me ... who wouldn't love a kiss from a gorgeous one like you??? hehe ... :)

@Puneet
thanks a lot buddy! :)
... and those are awesome lines, dude ... wah ustad wah! :)

5:35 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

aww and who is that girl? and why cant she be ur's?

btw Anup stop trying so hard to act like ur studying..lol..look at how u posted again - WB :):) n muahhhhhhhhhhh!


Keshi.

7:38 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

... she can't be mine ... for one ... coz' she exists only in my dreams (yes, I expect you to accept this explanation for da time being!) ...

as for Alvin, his dream gal is about to get married ... and he's too propah to meddle with her life at this point in time ...

... :) I am studying, buddy ... when I'm not distracted by pretty gals like you, that is ;)

5:39 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

aww only in ur dreams for now...dun wish too hard cos some wishes do come true... ;-)

Keshi.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Dalicia said...

anup: u sure u r studying? hahah..
anyways, the other day my friend said that you must let go off the ball for another ball to role. okay, it's literal translation from another language. does this make sense? not use to hold on to something you can have....

don't worry, i know you will fall in love again :) it's human nature. even i can't help it!

10:59 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@Keshi
lolz ... I hope it does ... :)

@Elaine
yup ... I am ... at least I think I am .. ;)

yes it does make sense ... :)

... and I hope I fall in love again ... soon :) lolz ...

thanx 4 da wishes! :)

7:07 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

:) hope for a wish to come true...goood!

Keshi.

4:59 PM  
Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

Such a selfless poem....Very understanding and mature to accept and go obssessed and become the lunatic who slashes his wrists..Or did you do tht too?? ;) Nice poem man!!

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home