Friday, February 17, 2006

Poem - Life's a Bitch!

Life's a Bitch - Anup R

Life's a bitch
Just one big sales pitch

Perceived abilities gets one hired
But very soon, one gets tired
Of living up to great expectations
& handling the daily trials and frustrations

Delivering one's best gets one no fame no acclaim
Coz' it was only expected
And anything remotely 'average' is not accepted
they say - Surely compalcency is to blame!

Can't they see
what life's become for me?
overexpectations
sucking the life outta me?

Cynicism raises its ugly head everyday
Doesn't listen to reason or anything that I say
It wants me to break free
It wants me to run away

But I'm down with it
I know this too will pass
I'm the one who raised the bar
I'm the one aiming to be a star
No success without some sorrow
or without sweat at the brow
So I'm gonna press on for some more time
I know I'll soon find my rhyme

I love my Life!
Though Life's a Bitch!
One looong sales pitch!

Disclaimer: No offense intended to dog lovers. I love dogs too :)
----
Read my next post if u wanna know what was in my head when i wrote this one ... :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

lol now I see what u meant by ur latest post...good one Anup!

Life's a dog too :):)

Keshi.

10:05 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

"Life's a bitch
Just one big sales pitch"

awesome, thruthful phrase!
good one, and after reading your latest entry, i know what provoked this ;)

11:52 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@CT
hmm right back at ya! :)

@Keshi
Thanks a Lot Keshi ... I missed ur chweet comments sooo much! ;)

Ya, Life's a dog too :)

@SFO
:) ... Thanks a lot Buddy!

5:25 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

and a puppy too...awww :) And sometimes a crazy cat lol!

Keshi.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Michelle J Brohier said...

"No success without some sorrow
or without aweat at the brow"...

Very true. Though life can be a 'bitch' at times but no one said it's going to be easy. Only after difficult times will things get a little easier.

Love the angst in the poem. I tend to write angst as well... it helps to keep my feelings checked. Lol!

Take care and God bless!

1:34 AM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@Keshi
lolz ... :)

@Elaine
lolz .. ;)

@CT
thanks ...
true... no one ever said it'd be easy ...
... and God Bless you too!!! :)

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home