Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Monkey Business ....

For the past 2 months I've been rubbishing rumours that 3 monkeys had taken up residence in my locality ... I mean sure, there are a lot of trees and wide open spaces around ... but this is Bombay, guys! ... there can't be monkeys running around here? ... or can they?

... apparently they can ... here are a few snaps where they're leisurely enjoying the sunset ... just chilling out after a hard day ... even getting some beauty treatment done ...



How did they get here? ... Why are they here? ...

I've got two theories:

1. Join politics -
One of our nation's founding fathers seemed to like monkeys (see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil ... does that ring a bell?) ... also, the city does seem to be run by a bunch of monkeys ... banging the desks in parliament, screeching and screaming, throwing mikes and tantrums ... I think they'd fit right in! ... I mean there's no way things could be run in a worse fashion ... so lets give peace and these monkeys a chance ... to run for office ... :)

2. Join the movies -
Seeing movies such as Chronicles of Narnia and Lord of the Rings, they probably think they have a chance ... plus they can do their own stunts (if animal rights activists such as Maneka G allow) ... but somehow I don't think Chronicles of Narnia will be rehashed anytime soon by Bollywood ... :) ... but, they do have the attitude of stars ... coz' when I got too close with my cellphone camera clicking away to glory, they snapped and showed off their teeth ... and no, they weren't smiling! ... I've seen enough Discovery Channel and 'When Animals Attack' to know when to run away ... lolz ... :)

20 Comments:

Blogger Vinesh said...

Your theories are fine. But why are they in YOUR locality? (Emphasis on "your") :-)
*think* *think*

Hehe, jus kidding buddy! Nice post :-)

12:20 AM  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

lolz buddy...
nice theory...

i guess they will have tough competition joining politics ;-)
hehehe
their bros r heading already the top posts :-) heheee

enjoy ;-)

Cheers

6:20 AM  
Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

another theory...they myt b there to giv u company;-)...he he he!!!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

:):) Anup there r monkeys close to where u live? OMGGG I'd love to see them! Here in Aus I 'd have to go to the zoo to get a glance of a monkey..or occasionally I see few 'monkeys' on trains irritating ppl...lol!

ur theories were quite funny lol! however here's another theory:

It's close to Holi so they came to have some colorful fun witu u, cos only monkeys do the same thing that u do to them ( So throw some color at them and get some thrown back at ya:)

Sweet pics of those lovely creatures...

Keshi_Monkey (lol)

6:32 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

politics?? I think these monkey would be more civilized that those clowns in the parliament!

Quite brave of you to stand there and click snaps...wonder what you would have done if they had started chasing you or worse pounced on you and started yanking your hair.... ok ok I will shushh up now! *wicked grin* :D

8:33 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@Vinesh
I'm thinking ... I'm thinking ... nope ... I see no connection at all ... hehe ... lolz :)
Thanks for dropping by buddy!!! :)

@Puneet
lolz ... yup tough competition for the top posts ... :)

@DEG
... lolz ... I kinda expected these kinda comments ... bring em on! ... lolz ... :)

@Keshi
lolz ... so next time u wanna see monkeys, u can come visit me? (LOLZ ... yup, keshi monkey can meet Anup monkey? ... hehe ... then we can play Holi too???)

@MR
yup! ... I'm a very very brave boy!! ... eeek !!! is that a spider??? I've gotta run!!! :) lolz ...

12:03 AM  
Blogger the_ego_has_landed said...

hahah...:)

yep there r a few monkeys in r locality...gotta be careful cause if they find doors open they come in and steal fruits! lol!

8:05 AM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

lolz ... ya I don't want anyone monkeying around ... lolz ... :)

8:18 AM  
Blogger : M : said...

where did my comment go :|

9:43 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

lol@both your theories!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

na I'd like to visit a donkey so I can go on a ride :) lol!

ur no monkey mooo Anup...ur a good-looking swt hrt!

Keshi.

9:35 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@CA
... hey buddy, I'm also searching for it ... let me know if u find it ... :)

@SFO
glad i cld make u smile ... especially after da last post of mine ... :)

@keshi
(blushes)...(and then starts dancing) ... :) thanks for making my day! Keshi... :)

11:39 PM  
Blogger Scoot said...

hey there..that was so funny
but on a more serious note,my pet monkey....he responds to the name dhumanna...he ran away from my house in mangalore.we have been so sad ...we have been taking care of him since he was a baby..now he is a year old.but i don't know about the other two monkeys.

8:28 AM  
Blogger : M : said...

gah..how wud i find it, luv wen its been erased???????

ugh word verification again..i seriously think im not going to comment on anyone who has this on

1:27 PM  
Blogger Dalicia said...

anup my dear...

my pix are up!!!

www.pbase.com/wahusky/praha

wishes from this very evil lady...hehehe

11:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

oiii dats so cool!!!! dey r kinna cute y'know :D

10:02 AM  
Blogger Anjalika said...

they r probably around to remind us of gandhi ji...

:)

1:15 PM  
Blogger poison ivy said...

hahahaha! you are so funnY! maybe they've seen your blog and they wanna meet you! :)

11:47 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@MC
Sorry to hear about ur pet ... we do get so attached to them that they become part of the family ...

@CA
Hey buddy, that's just to prevent anon comments ... pls bear with me for a while ... pretty please??? :)

@Elaine
Welcome back, 'evil lady' lovely pics, i must say! :)

@Elisa
Cool! welcome back! Hope you had some R&R ... lolz ... bout da fourth monkey ... :)

@Michelle
:) ya ... from a distance ... if u go too near, then their menacing teeth aren't exactly cute ... lolz ...

@TS
lolz ... thanks for dropping by ...

@Ivy
lolz ... hmmm ... could be ... and I was hoping that girls(human) would want to meet me after reading ma blog ... hehe ... :)

12:12 AM  
Blogger Scoot said...

yeah .yesterday I was walking by the market and I saw two monkeys preceeded by their circus owners walking by.I had this urge to call out my monkey's name but then I fought against it and just kept walking.

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home