Friday, April 07, 2006

Alvin's story - the missing pieces .....

"Daddy, look at this .... "

Alvin walks over to his lil' angel. He sits down on the floor beside her, and she climbs into his lap .... he smiles weakly, as she holds a worn out photo album ...

"That's me, your mom and our friend"

She looks at the photo, then at Alvin and smiles .... she then runs off to her mom .... "Mom, Mom look at what I have ...."

Alvin gets up slowly and walks out into the garden ... nostalgic, he slips into one of the lawn chairs and closes his eyes .... the memories come flooding in ... the day he gathered courage to confess his love for Mischa but decided not to ... Mischa was so excited as she told him of her marriage plans .... he couldn't do this to her ... he couldn't stand the thought of complicating her life ... and he also couldn't stand by and pretend to be happy as the one he loved slipped out of his reach ... a few phone calls later he was off to the US ...

"Honey, what are you doing out here in the sun?"

"Nothing dear .... just thinking ..."

"She's gone, Alvin ... please let it be ... you go off on a walk down that lane ... I .... "

Eliza walks away ....

Alvin gets up immediately and runs after her .... He stops her before she gets to the door. He leads her to the shade and they both sit down on the lawn ...

"I'm sorry dear ... When she showed me that photo .... those were good times .... "

"Yes Alvin, those were good days ..."

Alvin reaches out and holds Eliza's hand ....

"I love you Eliza ... you've always been my best friend ... you've always been there for me ... you've always understood me ... and put up with so many of my quirks ... "

Eliza smiles ... "Quirks? ... now that's an understatement!"

They both start laughing ...

After a long pause ....
"Have I been a bad husband?"

"No Alvin ... you are a wonderful husband, my best friend and an excellent father ... its just that I was a bit irritated and .... "

"I'm Sorry Eliza ... I really am ... its just that I wanted to say goodbye ... I left for the US so suddenly ... I never talked to her since ... and then her accident ... I just wanted to say goodbye "

"Alvin, I'd promised Mischa that I'd never mention this ... but I can't stand seeing you like this any more ... she'd forgiven you a long time ago ... she remained a good friend ... I was in touch with her all the while ... she knew why you left for the US ... she knew about us dating ... how you proposed on New Year's Eve ... she was really pleased when I sent our wedding snaps ... "

"So Mischa knew all along? ... so why didn't she let you tell me?"

"She just thought you were a bit confused about what you felt for her ... she thought it'd be better this way ... I couldn't break ... "

Just then, their lovely daughter runs out to them ... and jumps into Eliza's arms ...

... half an hour later we see ... Eliza and Alvin lying on the grass ... looking into each others eyes ... saying nothing .... but smiling as they glance at their lil' Mischa sleeping .... not a care in the world ... good times ....

.... and they lived happily ever after .......

----
Guess, this part answers a few of the questions you had ... :) But, do let me know if you see any more loose ends ...

Have a great weekend ya all! :)

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger curious said...

..why...u certainly seemed to be in great rush to finish it!..though u couldnt have given it a better ending!:)

6:42 AM  
Blogger the_ego_has_landed said...

hey...I'm back! well for a while at least...how were exams? I tagged ya...:p

this was interesting...but guess ahve to read old posts to catch up..lol..

6:54 AM  
Blogger Ajay said...

nice one....
me here for the first time...
nice blogg
lol

7:57 AM  
Blogger tulipspeaks said...

alrite.. story is clearer now

but i like some kinda surpises n mystery.. would prefer the story ends with the previous part itself.. at least i would imagine myself how he ended up with eliza.
what say?

=am000nie=

5:17 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Nice...sad but nice...

Keshi.

7:07 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

The story was quite clear in the last piece...but this is good too. :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

Hey..I just read all the three chapters or parts of this story. Initially I mistook it for being Calvin (instead of Alvin) and didn't read it and this time it caught my eyes. I guess the post in enterity has captivated me. It's a genious piece of work buddy!! Loved it and the way you narrate it too...:)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

...woww happy ending!!now i know the story and it mades me smile and felt love all around me right now ^_~
...i think i'm startin' to lovin' Alvin hehe(sorry Eliza) *grin*
..he's my type of guy haha..:D

...loved the story yaar ^_~
thanx for sharing.

cheers,
-kathy-

8:50 PM  
Blogger Scoot said...

a beautiful sad story brimming with emotion

4:37 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Have a Blessed Easter Anup!

Keshi.

8:53 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@Curious
lolz ... yes I was ... but its still not over ... I have a few twists in mind ... hehe :)

@TEHL
hey buddy ... thanx for da tag ... will get to it soon ... :)

@Ajay
thanks man! ... welcome 2 my world ... :)

@Amu
:) true ... that was the intention in part 2 ... but, as I said above ... the story's not over ... :)

@Keshi
thanks so much Keshi ...

and wish u the same ... :)

@My Ramblings
:) thank you ... hope u r having a gr8 weekend!

@STW
(blushes) ... thank u very very much buddy ... really appreciate it ... I'm just glad u enjoyed it ... :)

@Kathy
Alvin's blushing, Kathy ... U've made his day ... lolz ... :)

@Maya
thank you Maya ... so glad u liked it ... :)

@RN
:) hmmm right back at ya! ... welcome 2 my world :)

6:25 AM  
Blogger Jina said...

mm..first time here..and dat story caught me offguard...:) atta boy...

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home