Thursday, April 06, 2006

Alvin's story .... concluding part ...

Hiya All,

Here is the concluding part of Alvin's story ..... my latest work ......
... for those who don't remember ... part 1... :)



"Are you the one who places flowers here every year?"

after a long pause, he replies....

".... Yes..."

"But why? ... How had you known her?"

"We were classmates"

"I don't recall seeing you ... What did you say your name was?

"Alvin ... we've never met before Ma'm... "

"Alvin? ....... yes, I do recall Mischa mentioning you ... but if I'm right, you'd left Bombay and moved to the US ...in .... "

"1997? .... Yes ... but I moved back in a year"

"... and you didn't contact her?"

"Well, friends told me she'd married and moved to Hyderabad .... and I wasn't able to get in touch later on ... too busy with business and stuff ..."

"... well, you should have .... she considered you a good friend .... If you don't mind, can we talk for a while?"

"Actually, I really need to rush ..... "

"Alvin, today it's four years .... it all happened so fast .... I miss her very much .... "

"I miss her very much too, Aunty .... I'm really sorry .... "

after a long pause ....
"... Isn't Eliza with you?"

"How did you know about Eliza and me?"

"Friends told Mischa, and so I know ... "

"Eliza usually comes with me every year ... but she's due anyday .... so she's with her parents ..."

"Congratulations ... that's good news ..."

Alvin just smiles .... then kneels by the grave, and rearranges the flowers ...

"Mischa always loved carnations .... "

"Yes ... that she did ...."

both remain silent for a while .... and then they start walking away from the grave ....

"Alvin .... Mischa told me everything ... so I know why you left for the US ... She was very upset that you left without telling her ... but, she understood .... I remember how happy she was when she heard that Eliza and you got married ... she was even planning to visit you and personally convey her wishes ... but then .... "

"Yes, it was a complete shock to us .... we were in the US at that time ... we rushed home, but were too late to say goodbye ...."

Alvin's cell phone rings ... its Eliza's mom on the line ....

"Aunty, I'm a Dad! ... a beautiful baby girl!"

"That's really great .... did you speak to Eliza then?"

"No, to her mom .... but Eliza's okay ... she's just a lil' drowsy now ..."

"So, have you decided on a name for her?"

"Eliza decided for us ..... we'll call her ................ Mischa"

Peace Out!
AnupR

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Scoot said...

aaaaw...loved this.such a sweet and sad story:)

2:37 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

thats a tragic story...but u didnt tell us how Micha died?

It's always a great story when someone beautiful dies in it, and I dun even know why it's great when it's so sad...but there's something abt death that makes a story so special...


Keshi.

7:31 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Brilliant! Loved it well kinda sad that someone had to die though...but a good one nonetheless. :)

9:26 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@Maya
thanks ... I needed Alvin to have closure .... :)

@Keshi
that was deliberate ... :) Maybe I cld go into a flashback mode and tell ya all what happened between 1998 and 2006 ... when did Eliza and Alvin get married? who confessed their love first ... and so on ... :)

9:49 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@My Ramblings
thank u sooo much ... :) as i said before, I needed to give Alvin some closure ... :)

9:51 PM  
Blogger tulipspeaks said...

looks like eliza manage to confess and he didn't

=am000nie=

10:35 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

ok so did someone really die this way?

Keshi.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

...hey im confused yaar..is this a true story?i always remember the name *Mischa* and im startin' to lovin' that name..
...i dun remember the whole story yaar but i will read it again when i get time.
enjoy weekend anup.

cheers,
-kathy-

1:41 AM  
Blogger quills said...

What a beautiful and moving story...Eliza is lovely girl indeed to name her baby after her darling's best buddy.

So...like other readers asked, what happend to Mischa?

10:40 AM  
Blogger Karen1776 said...

Hey Bro,
You're very good with dialogue. Great story.
Karen
Check me out at:

http://trinitycove.blobspot.com
Mostly a Christian Romance Novel.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Melyong said...

my... she died? rite... I love the story. simple and meaningful. Keep it up!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Prax said...

It touched my heart, for this wasn't that flowery shit you see in Bollywood crap but the real kind where there is lot of pain, and no, no happy endin'

Life goes on!

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home