Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Bombed ....

Yesterday evening, a colleague informed us of a series of explosions in various local trains in Mumbai. Everyone immediately confirmed the wherabouts of their near and dear ones. But news of the safety of family and friends provided only momentary relief. And as one tuned in to news reports and saw the gruesome images, one couldn't help but feel nervous, helpless and angry.

Terrorism claimed nearly 170 lives yesterday ... but more than 170 families will be affected ... for a man is a son, a brother, a husband, a father, a friend ... life will never be the same for the ones who knew and loved the ones who passed away.

The same applies to the 464 injured (many of them are seriously wounded) ... Many have been handicapped by the explosions ...

Spare a thought for these people and their families. Please do help in any way you can, as and when the opportunity arises ... but certainly do remember them in your prayers ...

+++

I've always believed that every day is a gift ... that I must count my blessings daily ... and be thankful always ... such bleak days are a grim reminder of how things can change in an instant ... they remind me ... I am NOT in control ...

4 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

@#@#%%@#%!@#%%$..

I am quivering with rage for what transpired.. My heart goes out to all the families who have lost their luvd ones.. I wish all the people who are injured wud get well soon.. I dont know wat to say to the families who donot know abt the whereabouts of their luvd ones till now..

And I wish whoever did this will rot in hell !! I cant fathom any notion that justifies such an act..

..Me

11:20 PM  
Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

Hey
Glad to know u r fine man!

I have been so very angry at the events and have been following it via news n web the whole of yesterday n today via web.

heard many lost their hearing ability etc etc...

We r not in control but why those terrorists r always in control like they r the machine guns sent for destruction!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Melyong said...

I am deeply sadden by the terrorist. They might have a reason to do all this stuff but certainly is the wrong act. I pray for all your nation. it is not a wonderful thing to see so many grief in a day. "Lord, Bless this people and carry them out of the suffering, walk with them through this dark moment. Amen." God Bless.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Anup IM SO VERY GLAD that u r OK. Hugggggggggggz!

what has happened is due to some very insensitive ppl's minds. We cant seem to change some ppl in this lifetime. I feel so helpless n useless cos there's nuttin I can do abt it. I had faith in humanity b4...not anymore. Cos Im getting tired of hoping, praying and expecting that some day there will be PEACE for all of us. I dun think I'll see that day in my life. Cos the world is dividing at a faster rate than it was ever b4.


*I've always believed that every day is a gift

thats so true! and yeah, we r not in control at all.

Keshi.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home