Friday, July 07, 2006

The Prayer

The Prayer - Anup R

This world has driven me to my knees
It has snatched everything from me
Now I have nowhere left to go
And no one to call my own

For all my efforts, I have nothing of worth to show
Now I know friends who've behaved worse than foes
All this weighs on me, way too much
Oh how I long for a kind word - a gentle touch

I find no solace in solitude
And I'm lonely in the multitude
I'm disheartened and feel completely empty
I just wanna run away - break free

I turn to you for I know you hear me
And unlike the world, you also listen to me
Would you please save me - please rescue me
I've messed up ... I'm sorry ....

I need your peace in the midst of this storm
I need your strength for I can't walk on my own
I need you to show me the way home
I need your presence coz' I can't go on all alone

I'm begging you Oh Lord please
For all this - sweet release

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Hey dude.. U alrite ???

Prayers may not give you the answers you seek... But it sure gives you the strength to face any impediment and the solace frm the thought that there is some power out there watching over you...

Hope u find that strength and solace..

:)

..Me

9:23 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Trust GOD, everything by Him is planned
You think you are in the middle of the darkest night
The dawn is near, the sun will shine bright
GOD knows our every sorrow
With God there is a tomorrow.

...smile yaar, He is good!

hugss,
-kathy-

9:54 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

Oops! Sorry to read about your true feelings and thots ..hope you're alright now.

Hey..things happened for a reason maybe not is time to do some self reflection and that you'll find peace in your solitary solace.

Take care.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Gagan Kaul said...

Hey Anup,

Dunno what state you wrote this in ... but I hope that all is great your end. And btw, this is beautiful. I loved it.

Cheers,
Gagan.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Melyong said...

hey there! I love the poem and I'll pray for you. God will help you. Remember... He gives the best for you. You might not see it for the time being but it is the best!

2:42 AM  
Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

Oh ANup...Wht happened...U seem to be in the last minute of asking God some help..Take care buddy
I like "For all this- sweet release"

1:13 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Lovely prayer...I hope He shows u the way.

No one is alone Anup, in the presence of Him. So stay strong.


Keshi.

5:57 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

My dear buddies ... I'm much better now ... I get all moody sometimes, and am no fun to hang with on those days ... this was just one of them ...

Thank u all for ur support and encouragement ... thats something that the real world often fails in providing .... it only takes from me ... and offers nothing in return ...

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home