Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday Night

Friday Night- AnupR

It's a Friday
Another week has gone by
Frustrated by da routine
I let out a cry

Get a call on ma cell phone
"Buddy, wanna hang out tonight?"
I say "Sure thing, Darling"
"We're gonna groove all night"

We drive to da party
And head straight for da bar
As the drinks drown our inhibitions
We hit the dance floor

But as we raved and swayed
To crazy club music
I catch a glimpse of heaven
Just a few feet away

I no longer hear any music
Except the thumping of my heart
Everyone fades into the darkness
Heck, she tops all da charts!

Mesmerised by her beauty
Enamored by the way she danced
I stand rooted
as if in a trance

Who cares what da DJ's playing
As long as she's dancing
Oh baby, is she moving!
... I'm not complaining :)

And then it hits me
A purse across ma face
My buddy, she's jealous
and is now hunting for da mace

I try and calm her down
As we down a few more drinks
"Yeah baby, we're getting married
But thats not for 2 weeks"

" *CENSORED* "
------
Memory goes blank around here ... da poet is still nursing a nasty gash on da head and a bad hangover ... "Honey, pick up da phone ... About last night ... I'm sorry baby....."

++++
This was fun! ... I had a blast on Wednesday ... awesome office party ... Of course I don't drink ... but I saw some awesome dancing (me thinks da dancing was aided by a few drinks in) ... thought I'd put myself in their shoes here ... dunno if I captured it well enough though :)

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Melyong said...

this is so new-age. with funky words and all! coolage! hahaha

3:53 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

U PRICK !!!!

How dare u luk at another gal when ur lady was beside you.. In my version of the hypothesis, I wud have wrung his neck and detached it frm the rest of his body.. ~wicked grin~.. ;)

Me had a lousy friday.. coz saturdays are work days for me.. :(.. Im stl in office when al i wana do is crawl on the cold floor n go to sleep...

Zzzzzzzzzz....

:D

..Me

4:40 AM  
Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

lol!!!..really 1st of all I wudnt have been with such a guy and if i were then I'd kill him...muhahaha *devilish grin*

btw,did u like the song in my blog?;-)

2:43 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

..hehe, so this is another Anup that i dunno yet? lol!! **wink**

..take care yaar!

cheers,
-kathy-

7:54 PM  
Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

Hey...There a rap again!! Nice one!! :)

8:55 AM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@Bubbly Soda
Ya ... this is unlike me na ... hehe :)

@Rose
arre Rose, if u were da one wid me, I would never have even dreamt of looking at anyone else ... ;)

@DEG
I know all gals wld say da same thing ... but let me tell ya one thing ... if da guy's not in love ... his eyes are probably gonna wander ...

For the record, IT WASN'T ME!!! ;) ... lolz ... c'mon ... me don't have a gal yet ... :)

@Kathy
ya a wicked n naughty side to the poet na ... hehe :)

@Scribblez
is it? ... ya it does flow like a song ... but as a rap song? ... hmmmm .... thanks buddy! :)

10:50 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Fat Chance!!!!

:P

3:16 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I want to hear the CENSORED part.....you know me na ;)

9:49 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Letter for you on my blog..

:)

..Me

2:27 AM  
Blogger the_ego_has_landed said...

hehehe...thought u had gone wild and all;) nice one! glad u had fun

9:39 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

@Rose
lolz ... lets see about that ... and nice letter ... i sent u one too ... hehe :)

@Arz000n
ya m8 ... i know i know ... hehe :)

@TEHL
Hi buddy ... ya it was fun ... :) Thanks ...

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home