Saturday, December 24, 2005

An open letter to God on Christmas eve

Dear God

Another year has flown by and I just want you to know that I am grateful. I may not have said it out loud too often. In fact I've often used my poetic license to rant and rave about my existence. But you know my heart. You know that I consider it a blessing to come back home safe and sound every single day, in a world which is filled with so much hate, suffering, death and destruction. In a world where lives are snuffed out for no apparent reason, it is nothing but your mercy and protection that has kept me alive so many years. And I am thankful for it all....

All your mercies are too many to recount, and I'm not even aware of the bulk of them, as you work silently in the background, looking out for me, protecting me and loving me inspite of what I am. I've failed too often to live up to the high standards you've set. But I pray that you help me as I try day after day to be the man you want me to be.

I'm especially thankful for life, for good health, for a family that loves me, for a home (and not merely a house), for true friends who care for me, for co-workers and bosses who make life a bit easier, and so on..... But I'm thankful most of all, for your patience, forgiveness, love and mercy despite my countless sins and rebellions. I'm trying, Lord! Do help me live right!

For the new year, I especially need your help in the following areas:
- Let me be an attentive listener
- Let me not speak unnecessarily
- Let me discharge all my responsibilities faithfully and excellently
- Let me always, both be and appear to be free of all evil and malice
- Let me lead a disciplined and mature life henceforth
& Please don't let me arouse or awaken love until it so desires

Amen!

----
I wasn't feeling well tonight, due to which I couldn't go to mid-night mass for Christmas. But, I'm praying to God right now for His help..... tonight and for the coming years that I may be transformed into a better person.

I found a couple of good booklets on various issues. I'll be going through them after I publish this post.... if you are interested, have a look....

about the spirit world
http://www.rbc.org/ds/sworld.html

about contemporary issues such as - Why are we here?, AIDS, The Da Vinci Code etc
http://www.rbc.org/ds/issues.html

Main Index
http://www.rbc.org/ds/topics.html

Merry Christmas to one & all!

Peace Out!
Anup

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather B said...

Thank you for the kind words you left on my blog - it is very comforting to know someone out there can offer a stranger their prayers! Bless you :)
Love,
Heather B

11:37 AM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

Hi Heather, despite being in a crowd, we are all alone. God is the only one truly dependable. So, know urself and try to know God.... one day at a time... and I know we'll be just fine.

Hi Diedre, I pray that you get all the courage that is needed by you, right when u need it the most!

Happy Christmas, once again!

Anup

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home