Sunday, January 01, 2006

I'll be gone for a while...

Well guys, I've got a bunch of exams lined up in Jan (almost every Sunday in Jan).... so I won't be able to blog as much as I'd like to.... God willing, I hope to return to active blogging in Feb.

But, till then, here's something that bothered me recently......

Yesterday, on New Year's eve at around 7.30 pm, a neighbour's married daughter passed away. She was just 26 years old. She'd lost her child to complications during the pregnancy, and was in a coma for a while. So, while the world was celebrating the advent of the new year, you can only imagine the grief her family was enduring.

I know that there will always be someone suffering, while some are rejoicing. Some will be going through the worst time of their lives, while others are at the peak of their success. That's just life... This earth is certainly no Paradise.... so we can never honestly expect every single person to be happy at any given point of time.... Having said that, you will ask - "You've stated the obvious..... so where are you going with this post?"

Just one thing actually...... As we all know how short and how unpredictable life is, I believe we must let the ones we care about.... that we do.... Sure, they probably may have figured it out by now,.... but as we can never know the number of days destined for us or for our loved ones, I believe that it's best if we let them know about our feelings today.... lest we miss the chance tommorow..... and regret it later.... At least it won't do any harm.....

I'm sure you've heard this many many times before..... but, I'm just hoping that this reaches someone who has not taken the step to let a dear one know.... that you care.....

Peace Out!
Anup
----
Some musings -

I lay it on the line always..... I'm frank.... often too frank for my own good :) .... and I tend to get a bit too emotional at times ..... I can't stand having people upset with me.... I love to make people smile and tend to go overboard to make people happy.... I'm not someone who likes to bottle up emotions... they come out.... plain as day on my face.... or as rantings n' ravings on the blog.... This is not a good combination! ..... I'm a bit extreme now.... will try and achieve a balance in life.... Well, at least I know my problems.... With God's help, I'll tackle them all.... one after another! ..... On to 2006! ........ CHARGE!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so true so true! i'll go do it now. Happy New Year, hope you had a good one. p.s thanks for commenting on my blog.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I agree we should always speak what is in our hearts. I think feeling emotion is much better then apathy - or repressed emotion - that just leads to Dis EASE. BTW - you posted on my site - and just in case you don't visit again - I wanted to ask what is an "experienced writer"? If you're alive and you're feeling you're already a poet in your heart. If you let it out you're writing with experience.

cha?

3:02 AM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

Hey Amy, .... Just coz' I'm breathing, it doesn't mean that I'm Alive.... And even if I'm alive... it doesn't mean that I'm really Living .... confused? I know I am! ;) So, how can I be an experienced writer? LOL! Thanx a lot for the hidden encouragement though! And also thanx for posting to my blog.... Ciao!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home