Thursday, January 12, 2006

Results are out....

Well, I guess I'm revealing another aspect of my life...... You see, I've been pursuing a really tough professional course... and over the past two years, I've had to deal with failure... I've had to deal with the frustration on having to start over again.... and today, yet again I'm in that very same state.... This is part of the reason for angst and why I always feel that my life is so complicated.... I've got a great (& demanding) job that I like... I like to write stuff to entertain the world (rant and rave, rather!).... and I've got this loose end of the professional qualification, which has so far stubbornly refused to be tied down.... It takes simply too much time and effort! ... and while having that professional qualification will not in any way suddenly fill me with divine wisdom or help me to become Superman and do my job faster or more efficiently, that piece of paper has the potential to make my life so much easier (... more money! ... better designation perhaps? ... ;) Amazing how important a professional qualfication is....!

(Public Service Message - So, kids, study as hard as you can... and accumulate all the degrees and qualifications as fast as you can... so that when you are 'old' like me ;) you won't have any loose ends to deal with.... and you will be free to concentrate on your job and other hobbies such as falling in love ;)

Today, by God's grace and mercy, at least a part of this loose end is now tied down... Yaah! :) I have cleared one of the two groups and have secured an exemption in one paper of the Second group. This means that I have clear 3 papers in May '06 exams and I will have that professional qualification I've struggled so hard to get.... God willing, in just a few months, I'll be a professional! ..... Pray for me world! I need all the help I can get....

Here are the marks I've secured.... they'll show how much I've struggled... and how today, God has been merciful once again....

May'04 Nov'04 May'05 Nov'05
===== ===== ===== =====
Accounts 36 34 36 57
Fin.Mgmt. 45 55 50 40
Audit 42 52 45 52
Law 45 45 50 51
====== === ==== =====
Gr.I Total 168 186 181 200
====== === ==== =====

May'04 Nov'04 May'05 Nov'05
===== ===== ===== =====
Costing 24 39 39 40
MICS 44 50 49 45
Direct Tax 51 56 38 45
IndirectTax 51 39 52 61
==== ==== ==== =====
Gr.II Total 170 184 178 191
==== ==== ==== ====

To get the professional qualification, one needs to pass both the groups.
To pass a group, one needs above 50% in the aggregate (ie. 200 marks out of 400 marks of the group total) and above 40% (i.e 40 marks out of 100 marks) in each subject.

So, even if you get above 40 in each subject, you'd fail to clear the group if you don't get a group total of at least 200. (See, how merciful God was? I got exactly 200 marks this time in the 1st group!)

As a consolation, if one gets above 60 marks in any subject, then he needn't give that paper in the next exam.

So, although I passed in all subjects of the 2nd group, I got just 191 as against the 200 marks required to clear the group. But, I still thank God that He gave me above 60 marks in one subject of the 2nd group. So, I just have to give 3 papers the next time.... With God's help and mercy, I should clear those 3 papers in May 06 and thereby come one step closer to a better life! .... Yaah! .... After the hectic way in which the new year started, this is indeed a great blessing and exactly the shot of confidence I needed at this point of time! ......

3 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

Hey Anup Im THE FIRST to congratulate ya! WOOHOO ;-) I think u did really well...wow! Good luck for the future and may all ur career and personal dreams come true...


Keshi.

5:20 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

Thank you very very much Keshi!.... I'm glad u dropped by... :)

12:50 AM  
Blogger Dalicia said...

you have to keep a clear mind to fight another battle. good luck!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home